Undefined references when targeting libmmg.so

Hi,

I am using mmg without any problem on windows.
This week I am compiling our software using clang 6.0 on ubuntu but I am getting multiple undefined references

//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMG2D_loadVtpMesh_and_allData'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMGS_saveVtkMesh_and_allData'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMG3D_saveVtuMesh'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMGS_loadVtuMesh'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMG3D_saveVtkMesh_and_allData'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMGS_saveVtuMesh_and_allData'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMGS_loadVtkMesh'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMG2D_saveVtuMesh'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMGS_loadVtpMesh_and_allData'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMGS_saveVtkMesh'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMGS_saveVtpMesh'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMG3D_loadVtuMesh_and_allData'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMG2D_saveVtkMesh_and_allData'
//usr/local/lib/libmmg.so.5: undefined reference to `MMG2D_loadVtkMesh_and_allData'

build script

cmake -GNinja                                                                     \
  -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release                                            \
  -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON                                                  \
  $workdir

ninja
ninja install

I am building this commit 635a792b362b21856ae801303b6c74bcd87fe74c from the develop branch

Hello Michal,

Is there any particular reason for which you use this given commit of Mmg?

If not, is it possible to try to get the last commit of the develop branch (git checkout develop) and to try build your software with this version (I think that this header bug has already been corrected)?

Thank you by advance for your feedback,
Regards,

Algiane

The latest develop is working correctly!

We were using that one since it had the fix for a missing function. I didn’t see any other commit with a similar bugfix so I wondering if it was a clang problem.

commit message : “mising API for mmgs compute_eigenv function.”

thank you

Hello,

I understand, the commit message for the correction of the linkage error that you have experimented is not very explicit (commit 4ed7ca: Patch missing files in libmmg).

Regards,
Algiane