Parallel version of mmg

Hello all,
is there a parallel version of mmg in 2D and/or in 3D ?
Best regards
GS

Hi,

We are currently developing a library for 3D parallel mesh adaptation based on Mmg3D (and MPI). This library must be usable at the end of the year. For now, there is no plan to develop a similar library in 2D.

Regards

Algiane

Merci et bon courage

Dear Agliane,

can we download the develop parallel version of mmg3D? or we must wait till the end of the year ?

Sincerely
GS

Hello,

For now the parallel library is not ready to be usable. A public version will be available for sure at the end of the year but I still hope that we will be ready sooner (september)…

I will keep you aware when we will publish the first release.

Regards,

Algiane

Hello Georges,

Few news regarding the ParMmg library (the library to perform mesh adaptation of 3D volume meshes) : we have released the first public version of the software (https://github.com/MmgTools/ParMmg).

For now it doesn’t allow to remesh the surface of the mesh but if interested you can begin to play with it for the inside mesh.

Just note that we still have a lot of work to do on this library, more particularly for anisotropic metrics (were the parallelism impact the anisotropic ratio).

A starting tuto is available on the MmgTools webpage (https://www.mmgtools.org/mmg-remesher-try-mmg/mmg-remesher-tutorials/parmmg).

Regards,
Algiane

Hi guys,

I was looking at parmmg and was wondering if there is perhaps a developing branch that has the ability to perform an isovalue discretization since from what I can tell, at least the main branch, does not yet. I am aware there is still a lot to be done in this library so, it may not be the case yet, or it may still be far from perfect, but I still ask since, if there is a developing version with this it would be nice to play around with it a bit.

Kind regards,
K

Hi Karl,

For now we haven’t started to work on the level-set discretization in parallel. To add this feature, we need first to be able to treat the surface remeshing in parallel and to reach a sufficient level of robustness.

Luca is currently working on the parallel surface remeshing so we hope to have results in the coming months. The next step will be to add the ls mode compatibility.

We will try to think to propose you to ß-test the parallel isosurface discretization when it will be ready but do not hesitate to ask for news in january if we forget.

If you are interested to receive Mmg / ParMmg news, you can subscribe to our mailing list (it is managed by mailchimp and we send 2 or 3 mails per year to announce ß-release, release and the Mmg days event).

Regards,

Algiane

Hi Algiane,

Thanks for the update on the current status and I look forward to trying it out once its implemented. Until then, I will patiently await : )

Regards,
K

Hi,

Just curious how things have progressed since my last inquiry : )

Regards,
K

Hello,
Things took a bit of delay due to many concurring commitments, so I am now working to finish surface adaptation in parallel. The algorithm is ready for smooth surfaces, but to be completed to preserve sharp features on the surface.

Implementation of parallel levelset discretization can come just after. It could be relevant for a European project we are starting to work on, and gain priority.

We definitely look forward to inform you when some of these features will be ready. :slight_smile:

Yours,
Luca