Gmesh error reading consecutive implicit domain meshing

Hello everybody,

I am working on a dynamic problem where I have to update a 3D discretization as my internal interfaces move. The issue I face is that when I want to update the previous mesh with a new signed distance field I get the following error:

# Error: MMG5_loadMshMesh_part2: unexpected type of element (2029)

and after that the program closes without generating the new mesh. As far as I can tell, the element that is supposed to be causing the problem is an arbitrary tetrahedron.

It is worth to mention that this only happens with the -ls option enabled. I have no problem whatsoever in generating a sequence of meshes from a length scalar field. In addition, if I transform the input mesh (previous time step) from .msh into .vtk and back to .msh the problem disappears.

Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
José Antonio.

PS: I am using the MMG3d, Release 5.3.8 (Apr. 10, 2017) compiled with Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler 2017 under Windows 10.

Edit: The error is reproducible when running mmg3d.exe cube1.msh -ls on this (909.8 KB) mesh generated by mmg3d.

Hi Jose,

Thank you for using Mmg and thank you for this bug report.

I have commited a patch that must fix your issue (master branch of the project). Please, let me know if it works for you.

Regards,

Algiane

Hello Algiane,

It works perfectly now. Thank you very much for the (awesomely) fast response and for the effort you make to bring such a nice piece of software to the community.

Best regards,
José Antonio.

Your welcome.

The hotfix is now released (mmg-5.3.11).