Clarification about the licensing

Hello again,

i have a question about the licensing of MMG. I am no lawyer, and definitely not into the subtleties of licensing, so please be patient if my question is obvious:

my library is BSD licensed. I would like to write a tiny wrapper to mmg to be able to call it from within my code.
eventually parts of my lib could be used within third parties project, even commercially.

Provided that i appropriately acknowledge the MMG and that i don’t do any modification to it, am i allowed to include its API within my lib to be able to call it?

If i link dinamically to libmmg.so, would i be allowed to distribute a copy of libmmg.so together with my libraries? in your view, is it enough if i point to your github page to comply with the license requirements?

as i understand googling the kind of usage i would like to do is admissible under the terms of LGPL, however i would like you guys to confirm that i am allowed to do it.

regards and thanks in advance for any clarification on this issue

Riccardo

BTW: from my first tests mmg looks very promising…

Hello,

Of course, you can use API functions in your wrapper.

With the LGPL license, you can distribute a copy of libmmg.so, but you
have to mention the license with the distribution. So I think that your proposition is ok.

Best regards,

Cécile